The immediate reaction of a widely unexpected Republican sweep was a huge across the board rally in health care stocks. While it is still very early make definitive conclusions, several positive impacts have resulted in a major reversal of sentiment. Today’s impressive rally (NBI +8%) is a likelihood of some combination of the following macro fundamental and technical changes that are expected to occur with a new, right leaning administration.
BioInvest In The News
- 10 biotech companies ripe for a buyout, courtesy of Donald Trump (11-17-16)
- Incyte: A Promising Pipeline (11-14-2016)
- Alkermes: Progress in Treating Depression (11-2-2016)
- Catalysts in Biotech (8-19-2016)
- Opinion: Four reasons for investors to buy biotechnology stocks now (05-20-2016)
- Pacira: Safer than Opioids? (05-19-2016)
BIOINVEST Update – The Medicines Company (MDCO) – – Discontinues ‘216 – AHA Meeting Next Week
News – MDCO Stops MDCO-216 After Pilot Trial Unsuccessful – The pilot trial did not show efficacy – there was no positive effect on atherosclerosis. Safety was fine. The data calls into question the viability of APO-A1 Milano as a target and the positive implications of HDL as well.
BIOINVEST Update – (New Recommendation) Madrigal Pharmaceuticals (MDGL) – Paul Friedman Is Back
NASH is a hot topic in Biotech since September when Allergan bought Tobira Therapeutics (TBRA) for a stunning $1.7 billion for a Phase II asset. The Tobira deal was done at a tremendous 500% premium and topped the $1.2 billion Gilead paid for a NASH drug candidate being developed by Nimbus Therapeutics.